بقايا آيا صوفيا لثيودوسيوس

بقايا آيا صوفيا لثيودوسيوس


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.


قصر القسطنطينية الكبير

ال قصر القسطنطينية الكبير (اليونانية: Μέγα Παλάτιον ، ميغا بالتيون اللاتينية: Palatium Magnum، اللغة التركية: بويوك سراي) ، المعروف أيضًا باسم القصر المقدس (اليونانية: Ἱερὸν Παλάτιον ، Hieròn Palátion اللاتينية: Sacrum Palatium) ، كان مجمع القصر الإمبراطوري البيزنطي الكبير الواقع في الطرف الجنوبي الشرقي من شبه الجزيرة المعروف الآن باسم اسطنبول القديمة (القسطنطينية سابقًا) ، في تركيا الحديثة. كان بمثابة المقر الملكي الرئيسي للأباطرة الرومان الشرقيين أو البيزنطيين حتى عام 1081 وكان مركزًا للإدارة الإمبراطورية لأكثر من 690 عامًا. لم يبق سوى عدد قليل من بقايا وشظايا أساساتها حتى يومنا هذا.


صور داخلية لآيا صوفيا

أخذت هذه الصورة من إمبريس لودج في الطابق الثاني من آيا صوفيا. جستنيان وزوجة # 8217s الشهيرة ، ثيودورا، كان يشاهد الاحتفالات الدينية من هنا.

منذ أن تم بناء آيا صوفيا في وقت قصير جدًا مثل 5 سنواتيقال أنه تم إعادة استخدام بعض عناصر البناء. يزعم إحضار أعمدة عملاقة من معبد أرتميس في مدينة أفسس القديمة يمكن رؤيته على اليمين.

هذه الصورة مفيدة للعرض داخل آيا صوفيا من وجهة نظر طائر & # 8217s. تلاحظ المزيد من التفاصيل وأنت تنظر بعناية إلى الصورة. منذ آيا صوفيا لديها تاريخ 1500 سنةلقد وصلت إلى يومنا هذا بآثار من كل القرون.

أعمدة معبد أرتميس

لن نعرف أبدًا ما إذا كانت بعض الأشياء المتعلقة بتاريخ العصور الوسطى صحيحة. ومع ذلك ، إنه لمن دواعي سروري الاستماع حتى إلى الأساطير حول مبنى رائع مثل آيا صوفيا. إذا كانت الأعمدة المستخدمة في بناء آيا صوفيا تنتمي إلى مدينة أفسس القديمة ، فحتى الإشاعة مثيرة.

أعمدة معبد أرتميس

نزل الإمبراطورة في المعرض العلوي

لقد شاركت للتو الصورة التي التقطتها من إمبريس لودج. هذه المرة ، أشارك صورة النزل من الطابق الأرضي. النزل حيث شاهدت النبلاء من القصر البيزنطي التتويج والاحتفالات الدينية.

قبة آيا صوفيا

يجب أن تكون هذه الصورة أجمل صورة تتضمن قبة آيا صوفيا. هذه هي الصورة الوحيدة التي لا تخصني في مجموعة الصور التي شاركتها في هذا المقال.

السبب في أنني اضطررت إلى مشاركة هذه الصورة هو ملف سقالات الترميم، التي ظلت واقفة في آيا صوفيا لمدة 15 عامًا. تمت إزالة كومة الحديد هذه لمدة عام واحد فقط في عام 2010. منذ أن لم يكن لدي & # 8217t عدسة واسعة الزاوية في ذلك الوقت ، لم أستطع التقاط صورة مثل هذه & # 8217.

لهذا السبب، أنا ممنون للشخص الذي التقط هذه الصورة. ومع ذلك ، بما أنني لم أتمكن من العثور على المالك الشرعي ، فلا يمكنني تحديد اسمه هنا.

Omphalion حيث تم تتويج الأباطرة

قبل بناء آيا صوفيا ، كانت كنيسة الرسل المقدسين هي أهم كنيسة في القسطنطينية. ومع ذلك ، فقد خلقت آيا صوفيا مثل هذه الإثارة بأبعادها الضخمة لدرجة أنها أصبحت أهم مكان للعبادة في الوقت المناسب.

الاحتفالات الدينية التي فيها أباطرة بيزنطيين توجت ثم عقدت في آيا صوفيا. تم تتويج الأباطرة من هنا 537 حتى الانهيار 1453.

كانت الكرات الدائرية التي ستراها على الأرض في الصورة هي المكان الذي أقيم فيه حفل التتويج. كل رخام مستدير له لونه الأصلي. كبار ممثلي حالة و ال كنيسة وقفت في كل بقعة. توج الأباطرة من قبل بطريرك القسطنطينية، زعيم المسيحية الشرقية.

صور داخلية لآيا صوفيا

فسيفساء Theotokos لآيا صوفيا

واحدة من أكثر الأشياء إثارة للاهتمام في وسط آيا صوفيا هي الفسيفساء مع مريم العذراء والطفل يسوع بين ذراعيها. أهم ما يميز هذه الفسيفساء أنها أقدم فسيفساء بيزنطية في آيا صوفيا.

هناك فترة في تاريخ الإمبراطورية البيزنطية تسمى تحطيم المعتقدات التقليدية، حيث تم تدمير الفسيفساء. منذ أن تم تدمير الفسيفساء القديمة خلال هذه الفترة التي استمرت من 726 إلى 842 مأقدم فسيفساء في اسطنبول هي هذه الفسيفساء التي صنعت بعد الجدل البيزنطي لتحطيم الأيقونات.

مرطبان رخام من بيرغامون

واحدة من الأعمال القديمة التي ساهمت في الديكور الداخلي لآيا صوفيا هي الجرار الرخامية التوأم التي تم إحضارها من مدينة بيرغامون القديمة. كما قام السلاطين العثمانيون بمحاولات مختلفة لتزيين آيا صوفيا. سليمان القانوني حفيد # 8216 مراد الثالث جلبت هذه الجرار الرخامية من ساحل بحر إيجة.

صور من معرض آيا صوفيا العلوي

أجمل الفسيفساء في آيا صوفيا في الطابق الثاني. من بينها ، دعا الفسيفساء ديسيس هو الاكثر شهرة. يُنظر إلى هذه الفسيفساء على أنها نهضة للفن البيزنطي.

أثناء زيارتك للطابق العلوي ، يمكنك أن ترى كم كانت آيا صوفيا المتضررة من الزلازل متأخر، بعد فوات الوقت. بعض الأعمدة الموجودة في الطابق العلوي مثنية بشكل واضح. بالطبع ، ليس فقط الزلازل ولكن أيضًا الضغط الهائل الناتج عن القبة المركزية له تأثير على هذا.

باب رخامى فى الدور الثانى

تم وضع الباب الرخامي لتحديد المنطقة التي يمكن للأباطرة ورجال الدين فقط المرور. نحن نعلم أن اثنين من أول سبعة المجالس المسكونية عقدت في القسطنطينية. انعقد أحد هذه المجالس المسكونية في آيا إيرين والآخر في آيا صوفيا. بعبارة أخرى ، تم اتخاذ بعض أهم القرارات في تاريخ المسيحية في القسم الموجود خلف هذا الباب.

آيا صوفيا الصور الداخلية

فسيفساء ديسيس للمسيح بانتوكراتور

ديسيس موزاييك هو أ القرن ال 13 عمل فني بيزنطي. في الفسيفساء التي تصور يوم القيامة ، يسوع, ماري و يوحنا المعمدان تستطيع رؤيتها. إن شخصية & # 8220Christ Pantocrator & # 8221 في الفسيفساء مثيرة للإعجاب للغاية. إنها تجربة جيدة أن نلقي نظرة فاحصة على الفسيفساء حيث تبدو الألوان أصلية مثل اليوم الأول.

يوحنا الثاني كومنينوس وإيرين موزاييك

تظهر هذه الفسيفساء يوحنا الثاني، أحد أباطرة أسرة كومنينوس. يوحنا و ايرينطور الزوجان المتدينان علاقات جيدة مع الكنيسة البيزنطية. بفضل تبرعاتهم ، تم تخليدهم بفسيفساء في آيا صوفيا.

قسطنطين التاسع مونوماتشوس وزوي موزاييك

عندما لم يكن هناك وريث ذكر في السلالات ، تم تحديد الإمبراطور الجديد من خلال الزواج. سليل باسل الثاني، أحد أهم أباطرة التاريخ البيزنطي ، زوي كانت إمبراطورة مشهورة. كان عليها أن تتزوج ثلاث مرات لاستمرار السلالة البيزنطية. أخبرت قصتها بالتفصيل في مقالتي الأخرى المسماة الكشف عن فسيفساء آيا صوفيا.

نقوش رونية في آيا صوفيا

يتألف جنود القصر الذين يحرسون الأباطرة البيزنطيين من جنود من أصل إسكندنافي. هؤلاء الجنود ، الذين انضموا أيضًا إلى المعارك ، حققوا نجاحات مهمة في التاريخ البيزنطي. لقد أشرت إلى أحدهم في المقالة المسماة معركة ملاذكرد.

في صالات العرض في الطابق العلوي ، عُقدت اجتماعات مهمة مع الأباطرة ورجال الدين. يُعتقد أن جنديًا من فوج الحراسة الذي رافق هذه الاجتماعات قد نقش اسمه على الكرات.

هذه الرسومات ، والمعروفة باسم & # 8220 فايكنغ سيناريو & # 8221، هي أحد الأشياء التي يبحث عنها الإسكندنافيون الذين يأتون إلى آيا صوفيا بشكل خاص.

آيا صوفيا الصور الداخلية

فسيفساء جستنيان وقسنطينة

في هذه الفسيفساء ، يمكنك رؤية أهم اثنين من الأباطرة في أواخر التاريخ الروماني وأوائل التاريخ البيزنطي. هذه الفسيفساء ، الواقعة عند البوابة التي تنتهي عند زيارة آيا صوفيا ، ترمز إلى أباطرة الماضي المهمين.

قسنطينة، مؤسس مدينة القسطنطينية ، ويعرض بشكل رمزي المدينة ليسوع ومريم. جستنيان، الذي بنى آيا صوفيا ، يعرض بشكل رمزي الكنيسة للعائلة المقدسة.

هذا ال أفضل الفسيفساء المحفوظة في داخل آيا صوفيا. كما يمكن رؤيته في الصورة ، فإن الفسيفساء مثالية مثل الفسيفساء الجديدة. حقيقة أنها كانت قادرة على مقاومة الزلازل والوقت هي دليل على مدى تقدم فن الفسيفساء البيزنطي. وتجدر الإشارة إلى أن الفسيفساء عمرها ألف عام.

قسطنطين وجستنيان

أبواب برونزية جميلة في آيا صوفيا

تحدثنا في المقال عن أشياء كثيرة لم تكن في الأصل جزءًا من التصميم الداخلي لآيا صوفيا. أحضر من الرخام الجرار بيرغامون، جلبت الأعمدة من افسس وأخيراً جلبت هذه الأبواب البرونزية من طرسوس. تاريخ هذه الأبواب البرونزية التي جلبها الإمبراطور البيزنطي ثيوفيلوس يعود إلى العصور القديمة.

نافورة ضخمة في الفناء

سترى نافورة احتفالية أثناء مغادرة آيا صوفيا. أضيف هذا العمل التاريخي إلى آيا صوفيا خلال الفترة العثمانية. كانت آيا صوفيا أهم كنيسة المدينة في العصر البيزنطي و أهم مسجد في العهد العثماني. لقد أولت الحضارتان أهمية قصوى لهذا الهيكل التاريخي.

في هذا المقال ، شاركت غالبًا صورًا لآيا صوفيا تصف الفترة البيزنطية. ومع ذلك ، هناك أيضًا العديد من الأعمال الفنية المضافة خلال الإمبراطورية العثمانية وإنشاء تناغم جميل.

© حقوق النشر: جميع الصور ، ما عدا صورة واحدة ، تخص سرحات انغل ، الذي كتب المقال. يمكنك استخدام الصور الموجودة في مدونتك الخاصة عن طريق الارتباط بهذه المقالة. إذا طُلب مني ذلك ، يمكنني تقديم نسخ كاملة الدقة للدراسات الأكاديمية.

صور داخلية آيا صوفيا من قبل Serhat Engul

حول سرحات انجول

مرحبا مستكشف اسطنبول! هذا هو سرحات إنجول. أنا مرشد سياحي مرخص في اسطنبول. أقدم جولة خاصة لنصف يوم والتي تشمل زيارة آيا صوفيا والمسجد الأزرق ومضمار سباق الخيل وكنيسة سيسترن وبازار التوابل. يعد هذا خيارًا رائعًا لمشاهدة بعض المعالم المميزة في إسطنبول بأكملها وستتلقى الكثير من المعلومات الأساسية عن كل موقع لتنويرك. قد ترى تفاصيل هذه الجولة على الصفحة الرئيسية للمدونة. أتمنى لك رحلة رائعة!


آيا صوفيا الأثرية & # 8211 نقطة لقاء الحضارات

لا يمكن إنكار أن آيا صوفيا & # 8212 أو آيا صوفيا باللغة التركية & # 8212 تحتل المكان الأبرز على الأفق الشاسع لأكبر مدينة في تركيا ، اسطنبول ، حاضرة الجسر بين آسيا وأوروبا.

في البداية ، كان موقعًا مسيحيًا للعبادة ، أقيم خلال القرن الرابع الميلادي ، وما نراه اليوم على الموقع ليس الهيكل الأول والأصل لآيا صوفيا ، بل هو ثاني أكثر من مجرد رائع ، بديل.

بالإضافة إلى حقيقة أن آيا صوفيا تحظى بثناء كبير على جمالياتها ، فإن دورها عبر التاريخ كان أيضًا مهمًا من حيث صلته بالدين والسياسة والشؤون الدولية. على مدى قرون من وجودها ، كان المسيحيون الأرثوذكس والمسلمون يبجلون الموقع على أنه ملكهم.

جاء بناء أول كنيسة آيا صوفيا بأمر من الإمبراطور الروماني قسطنطينوس الثاني ، قبل عام من وفاته عام 361 م ، وفي الأوقات التي كانت فيها مدينة اسطنبول تحمل اسم القسطنطينية. لكن هذا الهيكل المبكر الذي استلزم سقفًا خشبيًا لم يدم طويلاً.

آيا صوفيا (آيا صوفيا) تم التقاطها بالداخل بعدسة عين السمكة.

اجتاح حريق الكنيسة عام 404 م حيث انتشرت الفوضى في المنطقة الأوسع من المدينة. بعد حوالي عشر سنوات من الحريق ، والآن في عهد الإمبراطور الروماني الشرقي ثيودوسيوس الثاني ، أعيد بناء آيا صوفيا من جديد. عزز المدخل الجميل بخمسة بلاطات في الداخل مظهر الهيكل الثاني.

على مدار القرن التالي ، أصبحت آيا صوفيا تشبه موقعًا مهمًا للكنيسة الأرثوذكسية اليونانية. ولكن في سلسلة أخرى من السخط العام الحاد ، هذه المرة ضد الإمبراطور الشهير جستنيان الأول (الذي تولى السلطة من 527 حتى 565) ، اشتعلت النيران في المبنى مرة أخرى.

المنمنمة 38 من وقائع قسطنطين مانسيس ، القرن الرابع عشر: بناء آيا صوفيا في عهد الإمبراطور جستنيان.

تسبب الحريق في أضرار لا رجعة فيها للكنيسة ، وبعد ذلك أمر جستنيان بتسوية بقاياها على الأرض في 532. تم تعيين المهندسين المعماريين المحترمين في ذلك العصر للعمل في كاتدرائية جديدة ، وفي غضون ست سنوات فقط ، تم تعيين آيا صوفيا أخرى ارتفع الهيكل بشكل مجيد مرة أخرى & # 8212 الذي لا يزال قائماً فخورًا حتى يومنا هذا.

باعتباره إنجازًا معماريًا مذهلاً ، يتميز الصرح الجديد لآيا صوفيا بسقف مقبب أكبر يصل ارتفاعه إلى 180 قدمًا عند أعلى نقطة له. كانت القبة مدعومة بأقواس مزينة بالفسيفساء الفخمة تصور الملائكة المجنحة (سداسي الزوايا). يبلغ طول الكنيسة الجديدة 270 قدمًا وعرضها 240 قدمًا ، وتحتوي أيضًا على مذبح نصف قبة وشرفتين.

آيا صوفيا. تصوير Nserrano CC BY-SA 4.0

تم تشييد المبنى باستخدام مزيج من مواد مختلفة ، تم شحنها إلى القسطنطينية من مختلف زوايا الإمبراطورية البيزنطية الشاسعة والتي لا نهاية لها على ما يبدو.

يمكن إرجاع بعض الرخام والطوب إلى مصر الحديثة وسوريا. تم تزيين الجزء الداخلي للكنيسة أيضًا بالرخام من معبد أرتميس ، والذي يمكن رؤية بقاياه اليوم في مدينة أفسس القديمة ، أيضًا في تركيا.

عرض صعودا إلى القباب. الصورة عن طريق Tranxen CC BY-SA 3.0

تألقت فسيفساء متقنة من الفضة والذهب على جدران الكاتدرائية. تم استخدام الزجاج والأحجار الكريمة والطين أيضًا في الفسيفساء ، وكلها تكشف عن مشاهد توراتية.

على الرغم من جاذبيتها ، أصبحت آيا صوفيا الكنيسة الأم لعبادة الروم الأرثوذكس ، وهي الديانة البيزنطية الرئيسية والرسمية. بعد ذلك ، تم استخدام الموقع لمراسم تتويج حكام الإمبراطورية.

فسيفساء الإمبراطورة زوي. الصورة لميرابيلا

ومع ذلك ، لم تسلم الكنيسة من المزيد من الكوارث. كانت هناك فترات خلال القرنين الثامن والتاسع لم يسمح فيها الحظر النشط للإمبراطورية باستخدام الصور الدينية. في تلك الحالات ، فُقد قدر كبير من اللوحات والفسيفساء الأصلية التي تم تأمينها في آيا صوفيا & # 8212 بعضها مسروق ، والبعض الآخر تضرر بشكل كبير.

خلال القرن الثالث عشر ، استولى الرومان على الكنيسة لفترة وجيزة ، وألحقوا أضرارًا جسيمة بالمبنى قبل أن يستعيد البيزنطيون السيطرة على الموقع.

تغير كل شيء بعد قرنين من الزمان ، حيث ظهرت قوة جديدة في المنطقة & # 8212 العثمانيون. تحت حكم سلطانهم الشجاع محمد الفاتح ، هذا "القائد العسكري العظيم ، استولى على القسطنطينية وغزا الأراضي في الأناضول والبلقان التي كانت تشكل قلب الإمبراطورية العثمانية على مدى القرون الأربعة التالية ،" كتب Britannica.com

فسيفساء حنية العذراء والطفل

منذ أن كان العثمانيون يتجهون دينياً نحو الإسلام ، سرعان ما تحولت الكنيسة القديمة إلى مسجد. لم يأمر محمد الفاتح بالضرورة بتدمير الأعمال الفنية لآيا صوفيا.

تم تلبيس الفسيفساء البيزنطية بالخط الإسلامي الذهبي على سبيل المثال ، وتم ترميمها لاحقًا من قبل الأخوين فوساتي ، وهما زوجان من المهندسين المعماريين السويسريين الإيطاليين الذين عاشوا وعملوا خلال القرن التاسع عشر.

الجانب الغربي من المعرض العلوي Photo by JoJan CC BY-SA 3.0

غطى الخط الذهبي أيضًا القبة الرئيسية لآيا صوفيا ، حيث كان من المحتمل في السابق أن تصور فسيفساء مميزة صورة يسوع المسيح. مع كل إمبراطور عثماني جديد ، تم إضافة شيء آخر ، رمز الإسلام إلى آيا صوفيا ، بما في ذلك المآذن الأربعة. إلى جانب وظيفتها الدينية ، تلائم المآذن المبنى جيدًا ، مما يعزز قوته وقدرته على التحمل في حالة الزلازل.

فيديو ذو صلة: رحلة عبر باريس في أواخر القرن التاسع عشر بما في ذلك لقطات قديمة رائعة لنوتردام

لقد مر قرن على اندثار الإمبراطورية العثمانية ، وتعمل آيا صوفيا اليوم كمتحف. في كل عام ، يزور ملايين الأشخاص موقع الكنيسة السابق الذي تحول إلى مسجد.

منظر جوي لآيا صوفيا في اسطنبول ، تركيا

في مارس 2019 ، كشفت الحكومة التركية عن نواياها لإعادة آيا صوفيا إلى مسجد. بدأت فكرة إعادة الزمن إلى الوراء وإعادة إنشاء آيا صوفيا كمسجد متجذرة في البلاد على مدى العقود القليلة الماضية.

ومع ذلك ، فإن آيا صوفيا هي موقع تراثي محمي تحت إشراف اليونسكو ، وبالتالي فإن أي تعديل لوضعها يحتاج إلى موافقة هذه المنظمة.


مقال كنيسة آيا صوفيا

على مدى فترة طويلة من الزمن ، كان يُعتقد أن آيا صوفيا ، وهي عبارة عن تجديد لكاتدرائية سابقة ، هي أكبر كنيسة في العالم بأسره. تم تسمية آيا صوفيا أولاً باسم "Megale Ekklesia" والتي يمكن ترجمتها تقريبًا إلى "الكنيسة الكبرى" حيث يُعتقد أنها أكبر كنيسة في القسطنطينية وحتى في العالم بأسره. أشار سقراط إلى أن آيا صوفيا أُطلق عليها اسم صوفيا خلال فترة حكم الإمبراطور قسطنطينوس. يمثل هذا الاسم الخاص للكنيسة الصفة الإلهية الثانية للثالوث الأقدس.

في البداية ، كانت صوفيا (الحكمة المقدسة) اسمًا أطلقه علماء اللاهوت الأوائل على المسيح (مساجد إسطنبول ، 2007). ولفترة طويلة من الزمن ، وُضعت الكنيسة في قلب ديانتين ، المسيحيين والمسلمين. يسمي المسيحيون الكنيسة آيا صوفيا وتعني كنيسة الحكمة المقدسة ، ويعتبرونها كنيسة العقيدة الأرثوذكسية والإمبراطورية البيزنطية ، لكن المسلمين يسمونها آيا صوفيا أو مسجد الحكمة المقدسة وجوهرة. اسطنبول (القسطنطينية) وحتى هذه اللحظة لا تزال واحدة من أكثر المتاحف الرئيسية في تركيا.

تم تجديد الكنيسة من قبل الإمبراطور جستنيان في عام 532 بعد الميلاد وأصبحت أعظم أعماله. في عام 1453 تم تغيير الكنيسة إلى مسجد وأضيفت المآذن في ذلك الوقت (الكنيسة الكاثوليكية البيزنطية ، عيد الغطاس ، 2005). يمكن أن تقع الكنيسة في قمة التل الأول في اسطنبول في قمة شبه الجزيرة الشهيرة. وهي محاطة ببحر مرمرة والبوسفور والقرن الذهبي ، وقد أقامها الإمبراطور جستنيان الأول حوالي عام 532 م.

مقالات ذات صلة:

تقع الكنيسة أيضًا بالقرب من القصر الكبير للأباطرة (ميدان سباق الخيل) وكنيسة آيا إيرين ، وكما ذكرنا سابقًا ، كانت بمثابة تجديد للكنيسة السابقة التي بناها ثيودوسيوس الثاني في عام 415. تم إحراقها على الأرض في اضطرابات نيكا ضد جستنيان الأول والإمبراطورة ثيودورا وبعد أن تم الاهتمام بإعادة الإعمار الفوري للكنيسة من قبل جستنيان نفسه. كان جستنيان هو من وظف الفيزيائي إيسيدوروس من ميليتس وعالم الرياضيات أنثيميوس من طاليس لبناء كنيسة أكبر وأكثر ديمومة من الكنيسة التي كان من المقرر أن تحل محلها.

هذا القرار المحدد له علاقة برغبة الإمبراطور في توحيد الكنيسة وإعادة تأكيد سلطته. لم يتبق الكثير مع الكنائس السابقة التي كان من المقرر استبدالها باستثناء المعمودية و skeuphylakion الذي يعد بدوره صرحًا دائريًا يمثل سكنًا للثراء الأبوي ويقع في شرق المعمودية. تم تحويل هذا الصرح إلى سرداب عثماني في عام 1639 (أبرشية الروم الأرثوذكس الأمريكية ، 2002).

تعتبر القبة العظيمة للكنيسة إنجازًا مهيبًا ورائعًا خلال وقتها ، وغالبًا ما يعتقد الناس أن الكنيسة تمثل دوام الكون الذي أشار إليه الروح القدس. تم بناء آيا صوفيا وتخصيصها للروح القدس. الزلزال الذي وقع عام 557 دمر القبة الكبرى. مرت خمس سنوات قبل أن تستعيد القبة الكبرى مجدها السابق مرة أخرى. كانت القبة الجديدة التي تم بناؤها أطول من الأولى وكانت مدعمة بـ 40 ضلعًا. تسببت الزلازل في عامي 859 و 989 في بعض الأضرار في القبة وتم إعادة بنائها إلى حد ما بعد تلك الكارثة.

في عام 1204 ، عام الغزو اللاتيني الذي أعقب الحملة الصليبية الرابعة ، نُهبت آيا صوفيا وأعيد تأسيسها في عهد أندرونيكوس الثاني. تضرر القوس الجنوبي الشرقي العظيم للكنيسة وأعيد بناؤه قبل زلزال عام 1344. لآلاف السنين ، كان ينظر إلى الكنيسة المعنية على أنها كاتدرائية البطريركية المسكونية في القسطنطينية ، باستثناء بالطبع أثناء الغزو اللاتيني ، و كان يُنظر إلى البناء على أنه جوهر الدين المسيحي في الشرق من عام 360 حتى التجديد العثماني.

أصبح دور آيا صوفيا المهم باعتباره جوهر السلطة الدينية في العاصمة البيزنطية أكثر تعقيدًا بسبب موقعها كموقع رئيسي لطقوس الدولة والنظارات. أنهى احتلال العثمانيين في عام 1453 عهد الإمبراطورية البيزنطية ، وكان إيذانا ببدء فترة التبجيل الإسلامي في الصرح المقدس. كان محمد الثاني هو المسؤول عن تحويل آيا صوفيا إلى مسجد. بعد فوزه ، أمر على الفور بتحويل الكنيسة إلى مسجد (أبرشية الروم الأرثوذكس الأمريكية ، 2002).

خلال تلك الفترة تم تسمية المبنى بمسجد أياصوفيا. بقيت الكنيسة كمسجد كبير في العاصمة العثمانية. استمرت هذه الحالة حتى علمنتها في ظل الجمهورية التركية التي حدثت في عام 1934 ، ولكن لم يتغير شيء كثيرًا خلال التغيير الأول عندما تم تضمين محراب ومنجم ومئذنة مصنوعة من الخشب في بناء الصرح. . رأى محمد الثاني أيضًا أنه من المناسب بناء مدرسة قريبة من المسجد ورتب وقفاً لتغطية تكاليفه.

تم إجراء تجديدات ضخمة من قبل معمار سنان وحدث هذا في عهد سليم الثاني. وخلال هذا الوقت أيضًا تم دمج أماكن إقامة السلطان الأول في المبنى. معمار سنان هو أيضًا من شيد قبر سليم الثاني إلى الجزء الجنوبي الشرقي من المبنى في عام 1577 وتبعه بناء استراحة مراد الثالث ومحمد الثالث في عام 1600 (كيت ، 2007). أمر محمود الأول بترميم المسجد عام 1739.

في ذلك الوقت تم إضافة نافورة وضوء ، ومدرسة قرآنية ، ومطبخ حساء ، ومكتبة في الهيكل ، مما أدى بدوره إلى تحويل المسجد إلى نوع من المركز الجماعي. من المحتمل أيضًا أن يكون التجديد الأكثر تميزًا للكنيسة أو المسجد المعني قد حدث وتم إنجازه في عام 1847 حتى عام 1849 في عهد عبد المجيد الثاني ، الذي أصدر دعوة إلى اثنين من المهندسين المعماريين السويسريين هما غاسباري وجويزيبي فوساتي لتجديد الصرح المذكور. .

بصرف النظر عن الانضمام إلى القبة العظيمة والمقابر وجعل العمود مستقيمًا ، رأى المهندسون المعماريون السويسريون أيضًا أنه من المناسب تعديل زخارف الجانب الخارجي والداخلي لآيا صوفيا. تم اكتشاف الفسيفساء التصويرية بعد علمنة الكنيسة بتوجيه من حسابات المهندسين المعماريين السويسريين الذين عثروا عليها قبل قرن من الزمان للتطهير والمحاسبة ، تم اكتشاف حساب سابق لفسيفساء الكنيسة في رسومات السفر التي قام بها مهندس سويدي التي كانت تحت اسم كورنيليوس لوس من عام 1710 حتى عام 1711 (ماينستون ، 1997).

إن حقبة التعلم المنهجي وإعادة التثبيت والتطهير للكنيسة التي بدأها المعهد البيزنطي للولايات المتحدة ولجنة دمبارتون أوكس الميدانية في عام 1940 لا تزال حتى هذه النقطة في الوقت المناسب والتحقيق الأثري بقيادة مختلف علماء الآثار مثل KJ Conant و W.

أوضح إيمرسون وآخرون جوانب مختلفة مرتبطة بتاريخ آيا صوفيا وبنائها وزخرفتها. قام كل من A.M Schneider و F. Dirimtekin بالتنقيب عن بقايا الكنائس السابقة التي يمكن أن تقع خارج آيا صوفيا (Wegner ، 2007). تم عقد مناقشة في جامعة برينستون في عام 1989 مهدت الطريق لتشكيل هيكلي قائم على الكمبيوتر لآيا صوفيا وأداره البروفيسور أ.

Cakmak ، قدم هذا الجهد الخاص أيضًا الأساس لمشروع التجديد الجديد الذي كان قيد التنفيذ منذ عام 1995 والذي يركز على المراقبة الهيكلية لوزن صلابة الصرح على المدى الطويل جنبًا إلى جنب مع التجديد التاريخي. تم إدخال الكنيسة في القائمة السنوية لأكثر 100 نصب تذكاري معرضًا للخطر والتي نشرها صندوق الآثار العالمي في عام 1996 و 1998 ، لحماية الأموال التي سيتم استخدامها في عمليات الترميم.

يُنظر أيضًا إلى الكنيسة على أنها ذات تأثير مهم في بداية التصميم الهيكلي العثماني التقليدي ، وبالتالي ، فإن الكنيسة مفتوحة للجميع كنوع من المتاحف العامة (Scala Publishers ، 2007). آيا صوفيا أو آيا صوفيا كامي هي كاتدرائية ذات قبة ، تميل على المحور الشمالي الغربي والجنوب الشرقي ، وبمجرد أن يمر المرء عبر الشمال الغربي عن طريق رواق خارجي وداخلي ، يمكن للمرء أن يرى أن الكاتدرائية تتكون من صحن مستطيل يحيط به ممر ورواق على الجانبين وملجأ مقلوب يتجه نحو الجنوب الشرقي.

يتكون كل رواق في البازيليكا من تسع فترات استراحة مقببة متقاطعة ، وقد تم الإعلان عن هذه الحجرات في البداية بردهة ضخمة محاطة برواق ، وبعض القطع منها لا تزال موجودة في عام 1870. والرواق الداخلي أعلى من وحوالي ضعف عرض الرواق الخارجي ، يحتوي أيضًا على مستوى ثانٍ متصل بأروقة صحن الكنيسة ، وهو مضاء بخط من النوافذ الفاصلة التي يمكن العثور عليها في الشمال الغربي من الهيكل.

هناك أيضًا ممرات مثبتة على كل من الرواق الداخلي الذي يوفر مدخلًا إلى الممر. تم استخدام الطرق إلى الجنوب الشرقي أيضًا كمدخل رسمي للأباطرة ، وقد تم تزيين هذا المدخل بزوج من الأبواب البرونزية المتطورة بأحرف من القرن التاسع ، ويحتوي بابه الداخلي على مونتاج من القرن العاشر في شكله الذي يصور الإمبراطور قسطنطين والإمبراطور جستنيان تقديم نماذج من القسطنطينية والكنيسة لمريم العذراء المتوجة والمسيح البانتوكراتور.

في حين أن الرواق الخارجي يفتقر بشكل أساسي إلى أي نوع من الزخرفة ، فإن أقسام الرواق الداخلي مبطنة بألواح رخامية متعددة الألوان ومزينة بلوحات جدارية عميقة غير منقطعة ومقابرها مزينة بمونتاج بنماذج هندسية وصلبان موضوعة في شكل ذهبي. خلفية (نيلسون ، 2004).

يوجد ما مجموعه تسعة أبواب تؤدي من الرواق الداخلي إلى الصحن ، والمدخل العالي في المنتصف يسمى الباب الإمبراطوري ويتوج بمونتاج يُظهر صورة الإمبراطور متجهًا لأسفل أمام المسيح بانتوكراتور ويحده صور مريم العذراء ورئيس الملائكة جبرائيل. يبلغ طول صحن الكنيسة ضعف عرضه دون الأعمدة المجاورة ويبلغ طوله 73.5 مترًا وطوله 69 مترًا.

يبلغ عرضه 5 أمتار مع الأعمدة ، ويحتوي على أربعة تجاويف في الزوايا وهي محفورة في الممر والأعمدة. توجد أيضًا قبة كبيرة ، مرفوعة على ارتفاع 56 مترًا من الأرض ، تتوج صحن الكنيسة ، وأربعين لوحًا موضوعة وسط عوارض داعمة في الأسفل ، تجعل فكرة الطفو ، وفي طرفها ، مزينة في البداية بمونتاج المسيح بانتوكراتور ، هي ميدالية خطية تقتبس من آية النور (24:35) ، وقد نقش هذه الزخرفة الخاصة من قبل مصطفى عزت أفندي في وقت تجديد الأخوين فوساتي.

يتم تحميل حمولة القبة على مثلثات وأربعة أرصفة ضخمة ، والتي بدورها مرتبطة بأروقة تفصل الممر والأعمدة. الممر أطول إلى حد كبير مقارنة بأروقة الأعمدة ، حيث تم إبقاء محيط العمود بين الأعمدة أبسط عن قصد لمواكبة النسبة. في الشمال الغربي والجنوب الشرقي ، توجد أقواس مفردة تدعمها أنصاف قباب ضخمة تجمع الأوزان الجانبية وتوزعها على القباب الثلاثة الخفيفة التي تتوج صحن الكنيسة وحنية اللجوء (نيلسون ، 2004).

كان مدى المسافة الظاهرة التي قدمتها القبة المركزية وأشباه القباب لا مثيل لها في وقت إنشاء الكنيسة. في الشمال الشرقي والجنوب الشرقي ، تم بناء أقواس مزدوجة وأسوار رصيف ثقيلة للتعامل مع طعنات القبة ، أدى الاختلاف في نوع وقوة الأساس الهيكلي الذي توفره هاتان المنظمتان الداعمتان في النهاية إلى تشويه مائل لقاعدة القبة ، التي يتراوح عرضها من 32.

مترين على المحاذاة الطولية حتى 32. 7 أمتار على طول المحاذاة المنحدرة. أدت الأسباب الإضافية مثل سرعة الخلق الأول والتجديدات غير المتناسبة للقبو طوال القرون إلى زيادة نتائج التشويه الذي يظهر أيضًا على الأرصفة وكذلك على الأقواس الكبرى (نيلسون ، 2004).

تمت إضافة دعامات طائرة في الواجهة الشمالية الغربية في القرن التاسع أو العاشر واستكمل ذلك ببناء دعامات طائرة إلى الجنوب والجنوب الشرقي من قبل أندرونيكو الثاني في القرن الثالث عشر ، والتي غيرها العثمانيون ، وقد غيرت هذه الإضافات الخاصة الشكل الخارجي من آيا صوفيا وكذلك فئة الضوء داخل صحن الكنيسة والأعمدة. صحن الكنيسة مغطى بألواح رخامية كانت مكشوفة قبل إزالة سجاد الصلاة الذي ظهر في عام 1934.

تتوج أعمدة الرخام السماقي والأخضر المضادة ، التي تم جمعها من الملاذات الوثنية في غرب الأناضول ، بعواصم منقوشة بشكل متطور تحمل حرف الإمبراطور جستنيان الأول ، والأفاريز المزخرفة التي تفصل الممر ، والأعمدة ، والمستويات الدينية تدعم الهيكل. وتقديم الأساس الخيالي Mainstone ، 1997). لم يبقَ أي من المونتاجات التصويرية التي جاءت من الزخرفة الأصلية لآيا صوفيا حتى عهد يوستينوس الثاني بعد انتهاء بناء الهيكل.

فيما يتعلق بالمونتاج الذي تم وضعه بعد فترة تحطيم المعتقدات التقليدية ، فإن معظمها لم ينج من الكوارث الطبيعية مثل الزلازل والأضرار الناجمة عن المياه. كما فقدت بعض اللوحات الفسيفسائية المعنية أمام السائحين الذين انجذبوا إلى المنطقة. تم اكتشاف أقدم المونتاج الذي تم العثور عليه في آيا صوفيا في شبه قبة الحنية وهو يوضح صورة العذراء وطفلها. كما تم تصوير ملاكين على قوس شبه قبة والآخر في الزاوية اليمنى (الذي لم يتضرر كثيرًا من الآخر) هو صورة رئيس الملائكة ، جبرائيل.

في الجزء العلوي (على اليسار واليمين) توجد مونتاج لقديسين محليين مصطفين تحت النوافذ الجدارية والجداريات التي تصور سيرافيم تزين المثلثات ، وظل عدد كبير من المونتاج مخفيًا في القبة ، والتي تم تجديد أسقفها بالترتيب. لإحباط تدمير المياه طوال فترة حفظها. هناك عدد من المونتاجات الشهيرة ، بالإضافة إلى لوحة Deisis والصور الكبيرة ، التي كانت موجودة في الرواق الجنوبي الغربي ، والذي كان يستخدم كموقع للتجمعات والطقوس الدينية (Mainstone ، 1997).

يمكن ملاحظة العديد من الإضافات التي أدخلها العثمانيون على الكنيسة في صحن الكنيسة ، وقد تم تغيير معظمها في وقت تجديد الأخوة فوساتي. اثنان من الأعمال العثمانية السابقة هما لوحتان قرميديتان من القرن السادس عشر وُضعتا على يمين المحراب وتمثلان الكعبة المشرفة ، والآخر يعرض مكان دفن النبي ، وهو عبارة عن شريط من البلاط الأزرق عليه كتابات قرآنية. ، بتاريخ 1607 ، يحوي محجر اللجوء تحت مستوى النافذة ، ويعتقد أيضًا أن المنبر الرخامي قد نشأ في هذا العصر.

توجد أربع مراحل رخامية مجاورة للأرصفة ، وقد شيدها مراد الثالث في أواخر القرن السادس عشر (Mainstone ، 1997) بالإضافة إلى مسرح المؤذن. Murad IV (1612-1640) made an addition of a marble preacher’s pulpit (kursu), positioned alongside the eastern alcove. In the years of 1847 up to 1849, the Fossati brothers (Swiss architects) worked hard to reconstruct the nihrab as well as the sultan’s lodgings in the current fashion and refurnished the sultan’s kiosk to the north of Hagia Sophi, which in turn, offered entryway into the lodging from the outside.

There are also eight gigantic disks which bears the names of God, the Prophet, the four Caliphs as well as the two sons of Ali, which were ordered to calligrapher Kazasker Izzet Efendi and substituted the older panels which hangs on the piers, these works have been retained in position prior to the secularization, while the other calligraphica panels were brought to the Sultanahmet Mosque and the Museum of Turkish and Islamic Art. The formed iron chandeliers as well as the stained glass windows in the asylum also came during the times of the Fossati brothers’ renovation (Nelson, 2004).

The church in question has four minarest at their corners which were added at different times from one another, the brick minaret for one, which is located in the southern corner is ascribed to Mehmed II, another stone minaret was put to the north by Mimar Sinan at the time of his refurbishments. The last two minarets are exactly similar with each other and it could be traced back into the time of Murad III (Nelson, 2004). Currently, the Hagia Sophia is one of the most interesting tourist spots in Istanbul.

Hagia Sophia or Ayasofya Camii is indeed one of the most exceptional structures ever made in the history of architecture and art from the Golden age of Byzantium and it played significant role in the Byzantine and Ottoman Empire and up to now, Christians and Muslims alike could still trace some of their religious history in the said edifice.


History of Hagia Sophia Church, Mosque and Museum

Hagia Sophia, considered as the first and last unique application in terms of architecture, magnificence, size and functionality It is a product of eastern-western synthesis, which has been inspired by the idea of ​​the Ottoman mosques.

This work is among the most important monuments of the world’s architectural history that have survived to the present day. For this reason, Hagia Sophia, along with its historical past, architecture, mosaics and Turkish buildings, has attracted all humanity for centuries.

Hagia Sophia has been a mosque for 916 years and a mosque for 481 years and has been serving as a museum since 1935.

Byzantine historians (Theophanes, Nikephoros, Gramerci Leon) asserted that the first Hagia Sophia was made during the time of Emperor Constantinos I. (324-337).

This structure, with a wooden roof, with a basilica plan, was burnt after an uprising. No residue from this structure came from day-to-day. Emperor II. Theodosius built Hagia Sophia for the second time and opened a worship service in 415.

This basilica-planned structure was also burnt during the Nica revolution in 532. Excavations made in 1936 revealed some remnants of this. These are steps, columns, titles, various architectural pieces that show entrance in the mosque.

Emperor Iustinianus (527-565) wanted to build a bigger church than the first two Hagia Sophia, the famous architects of the time Isidoros of Miletus and Hagia Sophia of Tralles Anthemios. Columns, hoods, marbles and colored stones from the ancient city of Anatolia were brought to Istanbul for use in Hagia Sophia.

The construction of Hagia Sophia was started on 23 December 532 and completed on 27 December 537. When viewed from the architectural point of view, a large central space, two side spaces (nef), absis, internal and external narthex have come to fruition. Interior, 100 x 70 m. It is 55 m long, with four large legs on it. at the height of 30.31 m. It is covered with a dome.

Mosaics as well as the architecture of Hagia Sophia are of great importance. The oldest mosaics are mosaics with golden gilded geometric and floral motifs in the interior narthex and side naves. Figurative mosaics IX.-XII. It was built in centuries. They are seen on the Emperor’s Gate, on the absiste, on the exit gate and in the upper floor gallery.

Hagia Sophia saw various repairs during the Turkish era which started with the conquest of Istanbul. The periphery of the altar contains the most beautiful examples of Turkish tile art and Turkish writing art. The famous Turkish Calligraphy Kazasker Mustafa İzzet Efendi in the dome from them was taken from the Qur’an with a 7.50 m. round plates are the most interesting ones. These plates contain the names of Allah, Muhammad, Omar, Osman, Ali, Hasan, Abu Bakr, and Husayn. On the side walls of the mihrab there are plates which the Ottoman sultans wrote and presented here.

Hagia Sophia Museum, according to the winter schedule, the museum between 09.00-17.00 hours According to summer tariff, it can be visited between 09.00-19.00 hours.

Haghia Sophia Square, Sultanahmet Tel: (0212) 522 17 50 Fax: (0212) 512 54 74


Hagia Sophia is a work that was constructed three times in the same location. Today’s Hagia Sophia is known as the “Third Hagia Sophia”. The first construction of Hagia Sophia started during the reign of Constantine I, who accepted Christianity as the official religion of the Roman Empire. This building, which was constructed as a basilica with a wooden roof on the first of the seven hills of Istanbul and was called "The Great Church" at the time, was opened during the reign of Constantine II in 360. There is no remnant from this structure, which was largely devastated as a result of a fire that broke out in the revolt that started in 404.

The second Hagia Sophia was built by Emperor Theodosius II on the first one and opened to worship in 415. This building, which was also constructed as a basilica and with a wooden roof, was devastated by the rebels in the Nika Revolt against Emperor Justinian in 532.

Just after the riots, Emperor Justinian decided to build a larger and more glorious Hagia Sophia than the first two. The third Hagia Sophia was built by the Byzantine Emperor Justinian I in 532-537.

Hagia Sophia, which was used as the Imperial Church of Eastern Rome, was frequently devastated due to riots, wars, and natural disasters throughout history. Hagia Sophia experienced one of the biggest destructions during the 4th Crusade in 1204 when the city was invaded. The Crusaders looted Hagia Sophia along with the whole city. During the Latin occupation that lasted from 1204 to 1261 in Istanbul, Hagia Sophia was converted into a cathedral attached to the Roman Catholic Church.

Repairs were made to try and preserve the Hagia Sophia, which was seriously damaged after the Eastern Roman administration was re-established in Istanbul. However, the repairs were insufficient and in 1346 the eastern archivolt of the Hagia Sophia and a part of the dome collapsed.

In fact, Hagia Sophia experienced the darkest period of its history from the Latin invasion to the conquest of Istanbul. Hagia Sophia, which was destroyed twice and built for the third time, ruined by wars and revolts for centuries, and the parts of which collapsed due to neglect and architectural errors, remained under the permanent threat of collapse until the conquest of Istanbul by Fatih Sultan Mehmed Khan. In addition, the sociological and symbolic meaning of the temple was greatly damaged due to the schism between the Catholic and Orthodox churches.

The Ottomans took great care of the Hagia Sophia Mosque, which they acknowledged and appreciated as the symbol of the conquest, maintained and repaired it continuously, and turned the mosque into a much more robust structure starting from the rule of Fatih Sultan Mehmed Khan. In particular, the additions and arrangements made by Sinan the Architect to Hagia Sophia played a major role in the survival of this heritage of humanity.

Thus, it is stated in the historical records that Fatih Sultan Mehmed Khan, who went to Hagia Sophia right after the conquest, was saddened by the status of the mosque and recited the following verses:

“Perdedâri mîkoned ber kasr-i Kayser ankebut Bûm novbet mîzened der tarem-i Efrâsiyâb”

(“A spider spins its web in the palace of the Kaiser, An owl hoots in the towers of Afrasiab")

Fatih Sultan Mehmed Khan, who endowed the Hagia Sophia Mosque as his own charity and secured the maintenance-repair costs by providing the income from several properties, started the educational activities by building a madrasah adjacent to the mosque. The first minaret of Hagia Sophia was built of wood during the rule of Fatih Sultan Mehmed Khan. This minaret, which existed for many years, was removed during the major repair in 1574. The second minaret of the Hagia Sophia Mosque was built of bricks during the rule of Sultan Bayezid II.

One of the Ottoman sultans who showed the greatest interest in Hagia Sophia was Sultan Selim II. After the building showed signs of fatigue, Selim II Khan appointed Sinan the Architect for the maintenance and repair of Hagia Sophia. The Hagia Sophia, whose domes and walls collapsed many times during the Eastern Roman period, never collapsed again after the renovations of Sinan the Architect despite many great earthquakes in Istanbul. The tradition of building tombs for the sultans in the graveyard of Hagia Sophia Complex started with the first tomb built by Sinan the Architect for Sultan Selim II.

From the time of Fatih Sultan Mehmet Khan, every sultan strived to beautify the Hagia Sophia even more, and the Hagia Sophia was transformed into an entire complex with structures such as mihrab, minbar, rostrum, minarets, sultan's office, shadirvans (fountain providing water for ritual ablutions), madrasah, library, and soup kitchen. In addition, great importance was attached to the interior decorations of the Hagia Sophia Mosque during the Ottoman period. Hagia Sophia was adorned with the most elegant examples of Turkish arts such as calligraphy and tile art and the temple gained new aesthetic values. Thus, Hagia Sophia was not only converted into a mosque but also this common heritage of humanity was preserved and improved.

Hagia Sophia, which was converted into a mosque with the conquest and served as a mosque for 481 years, was closed off to the public after the restoration works started in the 1930s. Then it was turned into a museum with a Cabinet Decree dated November 24, 1934. The Council of State reversed the Cabinet Decree in question on July 10, 2020. The Hagia Sophia Mosque was reopened to worship with the Presidential Decree No. 2729 signed by President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and promulgated immediately after.

Presidential Decree

As the Cabinet Decree dated 24/11/1934 and numbered 2/1589 on the conversion of the Hagia Sophia Mosque in Fatih District of Istanbul Province into a museum was annulled by the Decision of the Tenth Chamber of the Council of State dated 2/7/2020 and numbered E:2016/16015, K:2020/2595, it was decided that the administration of the Hagia Sophia Mosque was transferred to the Presidency of Religious Affairs in accordance with Article 35 of the Law on the Establishment and Duties of the Presidency of Religious Affairs No. 633 dated 22/6/1965.


Blog Post on the Hippodrome, David Bergstein

Our field trip began at the Augustaion Square, directly outside the Hagia Sophia. In Byzantium the Augusteon served a similar function as it does today: a public forum, a meeting space and a center of commercial activity. After the Nika Riot the square was re-built by Justinian (along with the Hagia Sophia), and until the iconoclast period it was full of statues. During the Byzantine era the Augustaion square was surrounded by the Palace of the Patriarchate, the main Gate of the Great Palace, the Senate, Palace of Magnaura (the diplomatic palace), the bath of Zeuxipphos, the Hippodrome and the Basilica Cistern. The centrality of the square makes it easy to imagine that the Augustaion must have been full of activity. (more&hellip)


Aya Sophia (Hagia Sophia)

Address: Sultan Ahmet, Ayasofya Meydanı No:1, 34122 Fatih/İstanbul

Perhaps the most iconic image of Constantinople is the magnificent Hagia Sophia – the church of the Holy Wisdom. It is more than 1,400 years old, and the very fact that it still stands today is a testament to the power and sophistication of the 6th century Byzantine Empire. Designed by a physicist and a mathematician, it has been the largest church in the world for nearly a thousand years.

Standing in the dimly lit interior of Hagia Sophia, it is impossible not to be amazed by the sheer scale of the building. It feels larger than life. The lofty central dome seems to be frozen in mid-air almost 56 meters above, which is about the height of a 15-storey building.

That dome is supported by two great semi-domes, which in turn rest on smaller semidomed porticos. Such unexpected cascade of domes creates an impression of a surrealistic structure that shouldn’t be able to exist. Gawking at this amazing structure is probably as close as you can come to experiencing Constantinople today. Just imagine how people would’ve felt underneath this dome 1,500 years ago.

The immense nave of the church is flanked by the monolithic green and purple columns that support the upper gallery, where most of the surviving mosaics are found. Unfortunately, the gallery was closed during my visit. Though I still managed to see a couple of mosaics that miraculously survived to this day despite being painted over when the church was converted into a mosque, during the Ottoman rule.

تحديث: in July 2020, Hagia Sophia was converted from a museum to an active mosque by a Presidential decree. It is still open to the public outside of the prayer times but there is little doubt that the interior of the structure will change to make it more appropriate for a mosque.

Hagia Eirene

عنوان: Cankurtaran, Topkapı Sarayı No:1, 34122 Fatih/İstanbul

Almost immediately behind Hagia Sophia, there is another Byzantine church that now lies on the grounds of the Topkapi Palace. Haghia Eirene, the church of the Divine Peace, was according to tradition, one of the first Christian churches in the old town of Byzantium.

It has, of course, been re-built a number of times, with the current building dating back to 537, the same year when Haghia Sophia was re-dedicated by Justinian. Interestingly, Haghia Eirene was never converted to a mosque by the Ottomans.

Church of SS Sergius and Bacchus

عنوان: Küçük Ayasofya Camii Sokagi No:20, 34122 Fatih/İstanbul

Another Byzantine relic, the Church of SS Sergius and Bacchus is tucked away on the other side of the Hippodrome, near the shore of the Marmara Sea, where Imperial Port and Bucoleon palace used to be.

Known as Little Haghia Sophia, this church has an unusually irregular shape that gives the impression that the architects could not decide what style to follow. Perhaps it was an early experiment with a domed structure, prior to the construction of Hagia Sophia.

Chora Church

عنوان: Dervişali, Kariye Cami Sk. No:18, 34087 Fatih/İstanbul

One of the most interesting Byzantine churches in the city, however, is the Church of St. Savior in Chora. It is located further from the city centre and takes a little more effort to reach, but it is definitely worth the trouble. (A very handy Trafi app provides detailed information on public transport options in Istanbul, and the portable Alldaywifi is a very useful device for using your phone’s GPS on the road).

The Chora church is interesting not so much for the building itself, which happened to be hidden behind the scaffolding when I visited, but for the stunning mosaics that it preserves within its walls.

It was built in an effort to restore the glory of Constantinople after the city was sacked by the Latin soldiers of the Fourth Crusade in 1204. And it appears that no effort or expense had been spared in the creation of this masterpiece. The mosaics in Chora are jaw-droppingly beautiful. And they are old. They immediately draw you in.

And this beauty is all the more remarkable for the surprise you feel from finding it in such an out-of-the-way location, so far away from the splendor of Sultanahmet.


Information about Hagia Sophia, History of Hagia Sophia

Architecture, magnificence, size and functionality of the direction of the first and the last unique application Hagia Sophia Ottoman mosques on the basis of the inspiration for though, is a product of East-West synthesis. This work is among the most important monuments of world architecture has survived to the present day. Therefore, the Hagia Sophia, as well as the history, architecture, mosaics, and has attracted the interest of all mankind for centuries the Turkish era structures.

916 years Hagia Sophia church, mosque for 481 years, since 1935, continues its historic function as a museum.

Byzantine historians (Theophanes, Nikephoros, Grammarian Leon) the first Hagia Sophia Emperor Constantine (324-337) argued that the time to do. Basilica designed, wooden roofed building was burned down during a riot. No remains of this building have survived.

Emperor II. Theodosius Hagia Sophia was built in 415 and the second time it was opened for worship. The basilica was again burned down during the revolution in the structure of the planned 532 Nike. In the excavations carried out in 1936 it has revealed some ruins about it. They were steps indicating the entrance to the temple, columns, headings, various architectural parts.

Emperor Justinian (527-565) wanted to built a larger church than first two Hagia Sophia, Tralles and Isidoros of Miletos architects of the era of the famous Hagia Sophia was built in the extant Anthemios. column of Anatolia’s ancient cities, capitals, marble and colorful stone were brought to Istanbul to be used in Hagia Sophia.

The works began on 23 December 532, was completed on December 27, 537. Considering the architecture of a large central space, two side aisles (nave) absis, it occurred from internal and external narthex. Interior 100 x 70 m. The extent, and covered with four 55 m. in height, 30.31 m. in diameter covered with a dome.

As well as the architecture of the Hagia Sophia mosaics are also of great importance. The oldest mosaics in the interior narthex and side aisles are the gilded mosaic with geometric and floral motifs. Figured mosaics IX.-XII. It has been in centuries. They are on Emperor door, apses, exit doors and upstairs gallery shows.

Turkish period started with the conquest of Istanbul Hagia Sophia has seen several repairs. Surrounding the mihrab, the Turkish tile art and includes the finest examples of Turkish calligraphy. These Kazasker famous Turkish calligrapher Mustafa Izzet in the dome taken from the Lord of the Koran of 7.50 m. round plates in diameter are attracting the most attention. These plates, Allah, Muhammad, Umar, Uthman, Ali, Hasan, Abu Bakr, Hussein’s names are written. In the side walls there are signs that gift here, type the Ottoman sultans.

Sultan II. Selim I, Sultan III. Mehmet, Sultan III. tomb of Murat and princes, Sultan Mahmud fountain, primary school, soup kitchen, library, Sultan reigns of the sovereign court, muvakkithane of tombs the Turkish period examples of Hagia Sophia, interior design, pottery and architecture with classical finest Ottoman mausoleum tradition constitute examples.

Museum can be visited every day between 09:30 to 16:30 hours.

Is open to visitors every day except Monday 9:20 to 16:30 hours.

museum entrance in the courtyard, after centuries of being used again, the original door to the west. previous next to the entrance, the remains of a second building. Baptism of the interior corridors with non-5 corridor outside the door which can be entered, this opens the main door of the church to 9. The middle door was a high gate Empire. 9 mosaic panels on it. YY. end have been made. an emperor is willing to intercede before Christ Pantokrator sitting on a throne in the middle. Mary in mosaics on the side are portraits of Mother and Archangel Gabriel. Visitors in the main part of the other figurative mosaics on the ceiling of the interior corridors and side aisles Justinian period orijinalleridir.yap meets splendid and immense space. From the first step of the dome effect is felt immediately.

It seems as if hanging in the air and covers the entire building. The walls and ceiling are covered with marble and mosaics, a festival of colors. 3 different shades of the dome mosaics 3 shows the different repair cycle. While the world with the height and diameter of the largest dome still one of the great dome. Dome made because of the repairs is not a complete circle. North – South diameters of 31, 87 m. East – West diameter of 30, 87 m. The height 55 and 60 m. 4 pendants on which the dome 4 angel figure takes place in closed faces.

Rectangle, separated by a wide central space next column 2, dark nephs. Central venue is 74.67 x 69.80 m. Downstairs in the gallery and has a total of 107 columns. Sophia column headings entire structure of the most characteristic and significant classic, 6. YY. Are examples of Byzantine ornamentation. deeply carved marble, which is a feature of their period, a beautiful light, shadow reveals. In the middle of Emperor monograms. The antique porphyry columns in the corners, made of green Thessaloniki marble pillars and all made of white marble, adorned the heads of the rich processing leads to the old days.

Hagia Sophia basilica was used as scrapes the empty mosque or a museum, flashy, mystical, different, it is necessary to imagine the old original appearance. A great empire in the early church, situated in front of the apse cycle is split, altar, ambo and other ceremonial utensils covered with gold and silver plate, they were decorated with ivory and jewels. Even some of the doors were covered with such precious metals. Latin invade all of them and some other pieces of architecture in Europe by removing the lap of the Virgin Mary with baby Jesus taşımıştı.apsis half dome is located right next to the archangel mosaics. Against the wall is destroyed, another angel figure.

Gallery level hanging on the walls, on the skin made of 7.5 m. The large dome diameter discs and inscription are reminded that the work is being used as a mosque. 19. YY. Written by the great masters of the period in the middle of this calligraphy is a masterpiece. Round table in God, the Prophet. Mohammed, 4 Caliphs and Hasan-Hussein names are written. beautiful examples of stained glass above the altar of the period built into the altar in the apse mosque, next to the pulpit and mevlithanlar balcony adds Turkish period. Located on the ground, made from pieces of colored marble frame portion, perhaps 12. century were added, the site where crowned Emperor.

Made of high quality marble is located in the middle of two global large cap space input side. The ancient origin of these vessels, now 16. century was brought from Bergama. In the northern corner of the building “sweating column”. surrounded by the bottom of a bronze band, there are plenty of tales and legends about the column that is a wish that can be inserted into the finger holes. The building has a ramp inside the north, the first of the buttresses supporting the outside. This ramp to the upper galleries. Building interior of the galleries surrounding the three magnificent space has a completely different direction. Empire has sections dedicated to women and church meetings.

North side of a 3 mosaic panels into a 3-figures in the south wing. South Gallery, under the sunlight coming through the side window, is the masterpiece of Byzantine mosaic art panels. The issue here, right in the middle of the wide range of final court scene “Diesis” known, is triple figures. Jesus, Mary, in the middle of his right, while the left Hz. Located Yahya. Different background mosaics are further increasing the beauty of the figures, it is supremely realistic facial expressions.

12 in the bottom of the southern gallery. YY. The mosaic panel, the Virgin Mary and baby Jesus, Emperor II. Komnenus’un, Empress Irene is located in the side walls with Prince Alexius. Presented depicts the church donations, the leather pouch which should help gold. Hungarian-born empress’s race features fair skin and light hair color is evident. The second panel here, the board depicts Jesus sitting next to Empress Zoe and her third husband Constantine is Monomakhos’, Konstantin’n inscription above the head and scraped, was rebuilt. The original mosaic was Zoe’s first husband.

The board of the Empire and the donation of gratitude church family seen while leaving the museum to symbolize a large mosaic panels 10 edilmektedir.iç corridor. Is-century. Figures distorted perspective: In the middle of the Virgin Mary and baby Jesus, and in the city as well, offering models with models offering the Hagia Sophia Constantine the Great and Justinian.

Exit partially buried in the ground BC 2nd. Tarsus-century huge bronze doors that have perhaps been brought from a pagan temple, is used here again. Built in different cycles in the garden of the museum has works of Turkish art. These are the tombs of some of the sultans, school, time settings and configure the fountain house. East façade of the minaret 15, 16 in the west as well. They are joined in the century.


Field Trip 1 (Didem Özcan)

The palace of Antiochos near the Hippodrome of Constantinople was built in 416-418 and after the downfall of its founder, it became the imperial property. Then, in the 7th century it converted into a church of St. Euphemia and its ruins are still visible today as we examined in our field trip. It is known that this church survived until the end of the Byzantine Empire and its architecture and frescoes that depict the life of St. Euphemia reflect the Byzantium style. The palace consisted of two parts, a southern section, which is inaccessible to the public today and converted into the church and a northern part, which stays between the wall of Hippodrome and the Mese including a semi-circular portico. (more&hellip)


شاهد الفيديو: مسجد آيا صوفيا